Anyone else think that the results from the VoW survey are horse plop? They seemed way too high. My manager swears they're anonymous yet my old manager said they aren't.
7 replies (most recent on top)
Former VP here - VoW is defintely not annyomous in any way, shape or form. The evil HR team waits like wolves to slate you for WFR based on your feedback. It's just another tool they use to ferret out "problem" employees who voice concerns. Any ex-HPE folks ever take a look at the size of the HR org? It's massive and full of complete derelicts. NEVER reach out to HR with any kind of an issue unless you want to get slated. They aren't there to help you. They are there to put you on the WFR list. FACT. I could go on for hours about the nonsense I had to endure during my time with HPE. Finally got out and literally still have nightmares about HPE. The CSC announcement did make me smile. They're all going to get what's coming to them, very soon...
Ok I used to be a manager they are anonymous.....However, the manager can read the comment section. One trick is 2 leave the comment section blank.
VOW is NOT anonymous. My manager has come back with the vow comments that you posted, to discuss why? He does not like to see any negative. He and the higher management are weekend drink buddies, so he also has all the information from the skip level meetings too. So no escalations from us. But we hear other teams say it is anonymous. The results are always better than the previous years but we dont touch 100 % & we still have 95% unhappy employees. The other 5% are the management guys. Honestly, its a waste of time.
I heard there were Managers that told their employees what to vote during those surveys so their departments look "good" on paper.
All the people in India skew the results by voting everything as 'excellent' so that either more work comes their way or with the hopes of getting a visa to come work in the USA and take our jobs either way
I was one of a few individuals on my team that was selected to rectify very poor VoW results for our group back in 2009, and I saw the survey results in detail. The survey feedback for that year indicated very clearly that the manager was the source of major dissatisfaction within the team. Yet, the attitude of management was it was the "individual contributors " that were at fault. No exaggeration - the two categories of My Team and My Manager were off the scale in the negative direction on the results graph. Nothing was done with the manager for another 4 years despite the same VoW results year after year- at that point most of the good people had left the team. The VoW is a crock of s**t.
Ok dunno. Offshore folks may be all giddy with so much work heading their way.
Given the way executive management has been with employees (the beatings will continue until morale improves), I very much doubt VoW has ever been anonymous, but if it ever was, it's VERY doubtful it is today.
I just love being dragged into an "All-employee meeting" so executives can crow about shipping jobs overseas. That's the sort of sociopaths we are dealing with here, and taking revenge on people who (thinking they were anonymous) offer up their valid opinions is exactly the sort of thing these idiots would spend their time and resources doing.