I'm just wondering if anyone on here works at a Kmart that is running the shoparazzi program. It seems like a huge project for a store to support (if customers are actually using it). For those who are unfamiliar, basically you give Kmart your shopping list and they do all your shopping, even if Kmart does not sell the product. Associates are responsible for driving to other retailers if Kmart does not sell a product, in order to fill the shopping list.
9 replies (most recent on top)
I would totally do this job. Out of the store at times, getting paid mileage to drive around and shop other stores, maybe do a little shopping for myself, stop for lunch, meet a few friends. Heck, I could even deliver a few pizzas for Dominos on the way and make a few more bucks. Where do I sign up
Chances are it is only being done in stores that already offer the service. This is a new job description for a dedicated employee.
As for the service itself, it ultimately enhances loyalty from members and increased basket size.
I can't believe that they are going to do this. Another stupid moronic idea from corporate
Stores that have mygofer home delivery have done this but without a designated person doing the picking and store back up for contacting members. So while it may not be a new program, there's a new name and what appears to be an expansion of the items available. Most of the mygofer items shopped from non-SHLD stores have been HBA and specialty grocery.
Or you could just use a website call Amazon..... wait.......
This is insane. A bunch of young kids (or retirees maybe) driving their own cars to do this? What could go wrong? (actually I can think of a big list...)
Here is a job description from SHC...I wonder how much they pay for such an odd job (I'm guessing the usual .50 cents above min wage lol)
This position supports the Shoparazzi program by locating all in store items and procuring any out of store items needed to fulfill the members order. The associate will drive either a personal or company provided vehicle to do the necessary out of store shopping and will be required to provide the necessary proof of insurance and valid driver’s license. The associate will work with the designated associates to ensure all items are scanning correctly and staged for a fast efficient pick up upon member arrival. The runner will receive a list daily items required to fulfill members orders. This list will contain specific items including sizes, flavors etc. The runner will collect the in store items and complete out of store shopping for any items to be procured from another location. The runner will communicate as needed any procurement issues to the MSA (Member Service Associate). The MSA will be responsible for the member communication needed. The runner will communicate to the designated associate any item that needs to be added to the stores item maintenance or pricing file. The runner will ensure all items are staged for the member pick up in the designated area.
Stores - Kmart Hourly
Sears Req Type
• Supports Shopparazzi program by selecting fulfilling items needed for members orders including in store and out of store item
• Obtain needed funds for out of store shopping needs from MSA or Store Management
• Return all receipts and additional funds to cash office or store management for reconciliation
• Check date code for any perishable items
• Transport perishables in cooler provided to maintain proper food safety temperatures
• Work with designated associates to ensure all out of store items have been put on file using the stores item maintenance functionality
• Communicate any order fulfillment issues with the MSA so they can contact the member as needed
• Stage members orders in the designated area for member pick up
• Adheres to merchandise and inventory protection standards
• Handles problems and questions promptly and efficiently
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 21 years of age or older + may need to purchase alcohol
• Valid driver’s license
• Proof of insurance
• Associates regularly using personal cars more than 12 times each year for company business must maintain minimum auto liability coverage of: $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident for bodily injury and $50,000 for property damage
• Vehicle to complete out of store shopping
• Ability to assist in order fulfillment by following a list provided and selecting correct items
• Ability to form strong partnerships and communicate well with store team members
• Ability to identify issues relating to members orders and communicate to MSA for follow up
• Customer Focus and Teamwork Focus
Education Experience: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 1-2 Years
Driver's License Required: Yes
Travel Requirements: 75%
Age Requirement: 18+
location Address 1
4210 NORTH HARLEM AVENUE
location Postal Code
09348: NORRIDGE, IL
Apply to jobSaveSend to friend
That could be hilarious. I wonder what the limits are on what they will pick up? How far they will go, and how big? Can I send them out to pick up 50 sheets of 5/8" 4x8 drywall?
that sounds like online orders. what could that mean? what? truly bizarre. called shoparazzi, huh? Well, I'll run, hide and play stupid if I hear that term in a morning meeting.