Someone please confirm RIFs in Houston.
12 replies (most recent on top)
Stuart is a dud.
Trade Adjustment Funds are available for KBR employees who were laid off and whose job went overseas. One time benefit to help give you a competitive advantage in the marketplace. There is no out of pocket expense for those on the petition. You must simply apply, I will help, have helped many KBR employees. we are an authorized training vendor with the workforce so there are no fees or hidden gotchas.
Stewart goes for safe low-risk government jobs. Other, in hardship, divisions have been abandoned. Too many people in leadership positions that are not qualified to lead engineers. Very hostile to employees but "leaders" have been untouched so far. KBR very unlucky to have him at the helm. Board is just watching.
A lot of empty floors to fill at 601 Jefferson. Parking space in the garage is ample. We can use more people at the downtown location.
Layoffs eat Strategy for breakfast
Soon it will be ONE (office) KBR.
"Management shifting E&C to HOC and MEC hubs", so there is no E&C from LOC and JEC hubs in foreseeable.
Can someone confirm.
Also for the TAA & TRA Programs, see your local TWC office (Texas Workforce Commission).
What is the deal with KBR not communicating with employees that Have been laid off, that they may qualify for additional benefits beyond the unemployment cut-off of 6 months (TRA program), and as well as an educational program that is available under the TAA program? I am finding out at the last minute about these two programs...actually in the nick of time before the deadline. Headed to U of H for the accounting program!
Also, so mad about this, I will be filing a complaint with the state!
Kudos to the ELT for reinstating the PTO. However, holidays are still not paid and salary is still frozen for 2017. Trending in the right direction though!
I also heard the rumor about layoff waves in December, January, and February...
Good thing I got my AIM goals in this year, otherwise my career might have be in a tailspin... oh wait...
#KBR LIVES MATTER
Couple of rumors floating around the office with Bradie trying to make KBR great again.
1) Heavy layoffs can be expected DEC / JAN /FEB in HOC, security personal has been made aware. Several floor are already ghost towns. Glad we spent all that time on performance reviews.
2) Forced vacation for overhead people during Christmas Week (40 hours on top of the 160 they already had to take)
3) HOC shutting down for two weeks forcing everyone to take PTO. If you don't have the PTO have fun not getting paid. Do it for the stock holders!
4) PTO and Holidays are not returning for 2017 and salary freeze at the end of the year. Upper Management bonuses are safe though. We value our people!
5) London E&C office is shutting down only leaving government services. Management shifting all E&C to HOC and MEC hubs.
6) KBR Scotland office opening? Bradie working out of a Castle?