I have a surprise half paycheck in my account today. I am hoping that means the sale has gone through and we are now under the new company. Our HR person won’t explain, though. Just says we will get some communication about it later in the day.
12 replies (most recent on top)
If you're in California they paid you for Monday that they didn't include in the check a few days prior, plus a couple hundred dollars in penalty cost they incurred for not including Monday in that last check
Also got another random check after the half one. I'm exempt from OT, not sure what it's for.
Did anyone get yet another paycheck today in addition to the one over the weekend?
In preparation for the close of the transaction between EDMC and the Dream Center Foundation (DCF), employees who will be part of the Dream Center Education Holdings (DCEH) will notice some changes to upcoming paychecks. These changes are to ensure that employees receive their full pay as their time with EDMC concludes.
Employees received a regular EDMC pay on Friday, October 13 for work through October 6. EDMC’s final pay occurred over the weekend, and it included compensation for October 7 through October 13. The October 27 pay will be the first DCEH pay, and it will compensate employees for work conducted through October 20.
There are several additional points to consider:
· Taxes, retirement contributions and other deductions have been withheld from the October 16 pay (through October 13).
· Taxes, benefits, retirement contributions and other deductions will be withheld from the October 27 pay (through October 20).
· Pay periods and paychecks will return to normal following the October 27 pay.
· Local Human Resources professionals are working closely with Payroll to ensure that everyone is appropriately compensated.
· Employees are encouraged to consider how this adjustment period may impact any direct deposits into multiple bank accounts or any personal auto-drafts they may have scheduled.
Please contact your local HR representative or HR1Connect with any questions you may have concerning your paycheck during this transition period.
The Transition Team
It's the balance of your pro stupid
I’m p!ssed... like we got time for this💩
I am not in California. We got paid for 1 week also today, but no one got paid for their Over Time last week.
Are you in California?
Yeah... the calendar is difficult!!!!
Bc they're switching to dream center's payroll and their calendar is different
You dunce. A surprise half paycheck? Figure it out fool.
HR will fill you in later? Keep holding your breath.
Same, everyone here on campus... even student workers have a random additional paycheck with no explanation...