FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Transition to Managed IT Services
- Q: What is happening within IT?
A: AECOM has decided to make changes in how selected IT service delivery functions are delivered in order to ensure flexibility to accommodate our future business needs and enhance existing service levels. We have engaged CompuCom, a leading IT outsourcing specialist, to manage the Service Delivery function (Help Desk and Local Site Support) for AECOM.
- Q: Why are we doing this?
A: After careful analysis, we determined that the best way for IT to continue to provide service to our employees in the Americas and have the flexibility to scale our capabilities to meet AECOM’s future business requirements, outsourcing the Help Desk and Site Support functions to CompuCom, a world leader in this area, was the most effective and efficient approach
By contracting with CompuCom, we will be able to respond to requests and incidents faster, provide emergency help more quickly and to more locations, and meet specific service levels to satisfy end-user requirements. We will be able to deliver support to end users in-office, in-home or on-location services.
- Q: Is this a reflection of the quality of the services that the Service Delivery team has provided?
A: Absolutely not.
- Q: Are AECOM’s IT Service Desk and Site Support functions the only ones that are affected by this transition?
- Q: Why did we choose CompuCom? Who are they?
A: After evaluating a variety of options, we determined that CompuCom, a leading IT desktop managed service provider, is best positioned and resourced to continue providing and improving the level of high quality service to AECOM employees.
CompuCom has extensive experience with large corporations, including professional service firms. The company’s clients include Fluor, Chevron, Cisco, Gallo, Salesforce and Intel. CompuCom has a comprehensive on-site footprint in the U.S. and Canada in addition to remote delivery centers. More information about the company can be found on its web site: />
Here’s a brief snapshot overview of CompuCom:
- Q: Will AECOM transition all services and responsibilities to CompuCom? What services will be transitioned to CompuCom and which will AECOM continue to be responsible for?
A: AECOM will continue to have 100% accountability for all IT Service Delivery. Here’s a general breakdown of what will be transitioned to CompuCom and what will remain with AECOM:
AECOM responsibility: CompuCom responsibility:
• Regional operations leaders and district leads to maintain service levels
• Relationships with suppliers e.g. Dell, etc.
• Manage vendor based on SLA’s
• Oversight and management of projects within AECOM
• Desktop engineering
• Executive support • Dispatch
• Workload balancing
• Prioritization and queue management
• Reporting, dashboards
• Coverage of all offices with next business day coverage
• Level 1 / Level 2 Help Desk Support
• Desktop refresh / installations for all Americas staff
• Account administration
- Q: Who is going to manage the contract and resources with CompuCom for AECOM?
A: AECOM IT has developed a governance program that will be led by Eric Dexter, director, IT Service Delivery, to manage CompuCom. AECOM IT will remain accountable and responsible for all IT Service Delivery / Support Services in the Americas.
HOW DOES THIS AFFECT SERVICE DELIVERY STAFF?
- Q: What impact will this have on our internal IT service delivery staff?
A: Some of our staff in the Service Delivery group will continue to be employed by AECOM while the others will have the opportunity to apply for open positions with the CompuCom team.
- Q: Will the impacted Service Delivery staff be contacted by CompuCom?
A: Yes. See the timeline below.
- Q: Will there be a transition period? If so, how long will the transition take?
A: Yes. We have developed a detailed transition plan to ensure that we continue to maintain the level of high quality service to our employees in the Americas. The transition is expected to take 90 days. Service Delivery staff will be given notice and will be encouraged to remain with AECOM during the transition period and apply for open positions with the CompuCom team.
- Q: What are the benefits of working for CompuCom?
A: Should Service Delivery employees who apply for positions at CompuCom be hired by the company, they will be working for a company whose specialty focus is IT services.
- Q: What are we doing to encourage impacted IT employees to stay with AECOM through the transition period?
A: This is a difficult time for people who are directly impacted by the change. IT leadership in the Americas, in collaboration with Human Resources, is providing as much support as possible. We respect and understand the impact this decision has on our Service Delivery employees. A smooth transition is critical to their future and the success of this initiative. AECOM will strive to treat the employees fairly and to keep them actively engaged in the transition activities. Information about Right Management, a resource to aid affected staff in their transition, has been provided. Right Management will reach out with more information, including the time of an introductory meeting for affected staff.
- Q: What if an AECOM employee decides to leave before the transition is complete?
A: AECOM understands and respects that impacted employees will have to make decisions and do what is best for themselves and their families.
- Q: Who should I contact if I have any questions?
A: If you have any questions concerning the transition to CompuCom, contact your regional IT manager. If you have employment-related inquiries regarding issues such as PTO, benefits, etc., contact your HR manager.
Region IT HR
North Alan Loeser Laura McGregor
South Andy Colliver Rob Friedel
West Ben Nummerdor Joey Lake
Canada Kam Mohammed Tanya Currie
Julie St-Amant (Quebec)
Construction Services Div Alan Loeser Sonja Glatzhofer
TIMELINE – NEXT STEPS
Date Activity Responsibility
Later today (Feb. 3) FAQs will be distributed
Feb. 4 Follow up meetings with AECOM region IT leads, HR North: Al Loeser, IT
Laura McGregor, HR
South: Andy Colliver, IT
Rob Friedel, HR
West: Ben Nummerdor, IT
Joey Lake, HR
Canada: Kam Mohammed, IT
Tanya Currie, HR
Julie St-Amant, HR (Quebec)
CSD Al Loeser, IT
Sonja Glatzhofer, HR
Feb. 4 Email outlining next steps on exploring employment opportunities with CompuCom CompuCom
Feb. 5 - 6 All-hands Town Hall conference call to delineate application process, answer questions CompuCom